Are you sick of SHOUTING!!!
The CAPS LOCK key is a throwback to oldie worldy typewriters.
But these days it is pretty much just a pain in the bottom.
I hate it so much that many years ago I found some registry settings for Windows that turn CAPS LOCK into just another SHIFT key.
This one registry setting as worked for me on every version of windows I can remember owning ...even this one, the latest version of Windows 10.
So here you go:
1) The caps_lock_to_shift.reg ZIP file contains a .reg file that makes the necessary registry change to windows to turn CAPS LOCK into SHIFT.
- Download it, extract it freom the zip and then double-click on it.
- Windows will then prompt if you are sure.
- Go ahead if you are.
- You'll need a reboot after doing this before seeing the effect.
2) The remove_scancode_mappings.reg ZIP file undoes the setting should you decide you don't like it.
- Make that happen the same way you did for adding the setting...
NOW STOP SHOUTING!!!!